Friday, February 13, 2009

Red dots on my skin...


Over the past year, I have been getting red dots on my skin.
They are not raised and not itchy --> but they are bright red and increasing in number.

They are mainly on my upper arms and chest, but I do have some on my thighs, lower arms, and neck.

I went to a dermatologist who said that they were nothing to worry about and no one knew the cause. I am nervous about this diagnosis because these red dots just keep coming!

Someone suggested that it could be a problem with my blood. I found a couple of articles on it -- but I am hoping that people here can share their personal experiences and advice with me.

I'm going to my doctor soon to get a referral to a hematologist... but in the meantime, I can't help but wonder what could be wrong with me and how they will diagnose it!

Thanks for sharing any experience or advice.

No comments: